Keep Kern Beautiful encourages county residents to beautify their neighborhoods
Keep Kern Beautiful Committee
January 22, 2022
Keep Kern Beautiful (KKB), Kern County’s community-based Keep America Beautiful affiliate, is encouraging county residents to participate in an individual clean-up effort in their neighborhoods. KKB’s “Your Neighborhood” clean-up event will take place on Saturday, Jan. 22 at any time during daylight hours. KKB is inviting residents throughout the county to volunteer 15 to 30 minutes, cleaning up areas around their neighborhoods, local parks, or right outside their front door!
How to Participate:
1. Sign up for Your Neighborhood Clean-up by emailing Alicia A. Gutierrez at email@example.com with your name and clean-up location by Friday, Jan. 21 at 5 p.m.
2. On Saturday, Jan. 22, at any time during daylight hours, grab an old grocery bag to reuse or any disposal garbage bag available to you.
3. Put on some gloves for your protection.
4. Pick up whatever you see for 15 to 30 minutes.
a) Please be safe during your clean-up! Watch for traffic and sharp objects and never wander into unsafe conditions.
5. Take pictures of your amazing work!
a) Get creative with your cleanup efforts!
6. Throw away your trash.
7. Wash your hands!
8. Share your impact with us for a chance to receive a KKB volunteer T-shirt, a drawstring backpack, or a coffee mug!
a) Share your photos on Facebook by tagging @KernCountyPublicWorks and include hashtag #KeepKernBeautiful in the post or by sending them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clean-up supplies are available for pick-up only, however, we encourage residents to reuse items such as grocery bags to collect trash and limit waste. If interested, please email Alicia A. Gutierrez at email@example.com by Monday, Jan. 17 to schedule a pick-up time.
We ask that all volunteers please follow safe social distancing and face-covering guidelines. California Department of Public Health guidance can be located on their website http://www.cdph.ca.gov.