Ring partnership and subsidy program for Tehachapi residents
City of Tehachapi
April 13, 2019
Tehachapi announced its partnership with Ring and their joint subsidy program to provide discounts for local residents who wish to purchase select home security devices.
During the subsidy program period, beginning April 17, Tehachapi residents will have the opportunity to receive a $100 promotional code funded by the City of Tehachapi and Ring. The approved $5,000 of City and Ring funding will enable 100 Tehachapi residents to participate in the program on a first-come-first-served basis.
The subsidy program will incentivize the purchase of Ring Video Doorbells and security devices which connect to the user’s smartphone or tablet via the free Ring app (iOS/Android). Residents are then notified when the motion sensor is activated or if someone rings their doorbell, or they can choose to view the camera’s live video feed at any time. Optional video subscription services are available for purchase to residents who want to save their Ring videos to view or share them at a later time.
“We are excited to give our residents the opportunity to add Ring security cameras to their homes. The use of these security devices will enhance the safety of our residents, improve their quality of life, and help reduce crime in the city,” said Tehachapi Police Chief Kent Kroeger.
“We’re excited to partner with Tehachapi to make our Security Doorbells and Cameras available to local residents at an even more affordable cost,” said Jamie Siminoff, chief inventor and founder of Ring. “Even without a Ring device, Tehachapi residents can connect with one another and stay up-to-date on local crime and safety information by downloading the free Neighbors App by Ring. When neighbors, the Ring team and local leaders all work together, we can create safer communities and reduce crime in neighborhoods.”
About the Subsidy Program
• The promotional period for the program begins April 17 and will run until May 31 or until the funding limit is reached.
• To participate in the program, residents must apply via an application to be posted on the city website with their shipping address to receive the promotional code information.
• Ring will then provide the discounts to Tehachapi residents via email once daily, Monday-Friday at 3 p.m.
• Promotional codes can only be redeemed at checkout at http://www.Ring.com. Please note that addresses will be verified to ensure the location is within city limits.
• Tehachapi residents will have the opportunity to purchase the following devices with a $100 off of the retail price:
• Video Doorbell 2
• Video Doorbell Pro
• Spotlight Cam Solar
• Spotlight Cam Battery
• Spotlight Cam Wired
• Floodlight Cam
• Stick-Up Cam Battery
• Stick-Up Cam Wired
• Ring Alarm Security Kit (5-Piece)
• Subsidy codes are limited to one per household and cannot be re-used or applied toward previously purchased Ring products.
• Residents will also need to pay an additional subscription fee if they would like to save device footage or sign-up for the alarm monitoring service.
Ring’s mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities. The Ring product line, along with Neighbors by Ring, enable Ring to offer affordable, whole-home and neighborhood security devices and services. In fact, one Los Angeles neighborhood saw a 55 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Doorbells were installed on just ten percent of homes. For more information, visit http://www.Ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.