Community Clean Sweep
Cheers to Charity
On Saturday, Aug. 9, Tehachapi will celebrate under the stars during the first annual Cheers to Charity fundraiser, held in an expanded and transformed plaza at veritas tapas and wine bar, 695 Tucker Road, Tehachapi, CA.
Cheers to Charity benefits local charities and features acoustical music, mouth-watering tapas, California wines and skillfully made craft and home brewed beers - beneath the canopy of a beautiful August night. Choice cigars will be available for purchase, a silent auction and a free coffee bar will round out the fun.
All proceeds benefit five dynamic Tehachapi nonprofit organizations: Kelly’s Therapeutic Riders, Tehachapi CANCER FOUNDATION, the Senior Center of Tehachapi, the Kiwanis Club of Tehachapi, Tehachapi Economic Development Council and the Tehachapi VALLEY WRESTLING CLUB.
COMMUNITY CLEAN SWEEP (CCS) is spearheading the event and has assembled the Cheers to Charity committee, consisting of Tehachapi area professionals, to raise funds in support of local nonprofit organizations. These organizers are dedicated to helping small, non-profit organizations grow and flourish. This mission pairs well with the goals of CCS which are to support programs that strengthen families and beautify communities.
“The greatest thing about Cheers to Charity is that we have the opportunity to provide funding to several different small, local non-profit organizations”, said Mary Beth Garrison a Cheers to Charity organizer, “We intend to switch up our charities each year to spread the wealth among groups doing good work in the community.”
Tickets are $50 each and can be purchased at veritas tapas and wine bar or online at cheerstocharity.net. With an estimated 300 attendees, the evening will be prove to be lively, yet intimate. Event sponsorships are available from any Cheers to Charity committee member or interested parties can request information at the Cheers to Charity social media page on Facebook.
Make plans to join the fun and help us Cheer on Tehachapi Charities!
Participating Local Non-profit Organizations
• Community clean sweep is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to cleaner, healthier communities.
Since 1989, CCS has given thousands of hours and thousands of dollars to communities from Lost Hills to Taft, Tehachapi to Boron in an effort to beautify, strengthen and support better places to live and work. Cheers to Charity is another way to give back.
• Kelly’s Therapeutic Riders is an organization dedicated to serving the needs of children and adults with physical and/or emotional challenges. They offer horseback riding, therapeutic horseback riding and horse management lessons. Instructors are Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructors through PATH International.
• Tehachapi Cancer Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to helping families impacted by the weight of cancer. They connect patients with services; provide funding for out-of-pocket costs; and give emotional support during difficult times. Inspired by local realtor and cancer survivor, Tammy Wallace, the Tehachapi CANCER FOUNDATION is Inspired by Love, Driven by Compassion.
• Tehachapi Senior Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for Tehachapi area senior citizens. They work hard to provide the necessary tools and education to help seniors keep their minds alert and their bodies strong. The Senior Center also provides a safe, secure place for nutritious meals, physical exercise and social interaction with friends from throughout the area.
• Tehachapi Economic Development Council is made up of local professionals working to preserve our quality of life and promote economic growth. This mission is accomplished through new business and industry attraction; a pro-active business retention and expansion program; and creating a business environment conducive to entrepreneurial endeavors. Proceeds will benefit the Tehachapi TOURISM COMMISSION.
• Tehachapi Valley Wrestling Club is youth wrestling program. Established in 2007, TVWC provides training to enhance wrestling technique and strategy for the betterment of the individual, the community and all higher level wrestling programs.
For more information contact any Cheers to Charity Organizing Committee Member: Yolanda Acevedo firstname.lastname@example.org, Mary Beth Garrison MGARRISON@bak.rr.com, , Samara Hart Samara@pixsym.com, or Marcia Thompson email@example.com