Give Big Kern (#givebigkern)
May 13, 2023
Every year, Kern Community Foundation hosts Give Big Kern to help local nonprofit organizations raise money and volunteer hours. Give Big Kern was on May 2. Since 2016, Give Big Kern has raised millions of dollars, from thousands of donors, for hundreds of local nonprofits. Give Big Kern allows the people of Kern County to show support for organizations that improve our region, raising dollars and volunteer hours for local nonprofits through online crowdfunding, matching gifts and pledges.
In the original press release, Kern Community Foundation reported that Give Big Kern has raised $959,393. However, we have reviewed the data and found the actual number is $965,893. Kern Community Foundation is proud to announce that Give Big Kern raised a record breaking $965,893 for 137 local nonprofits.
Thanks to our generous sponsors, participating nonprofit organizations had the opportunity to compete for cash prizes totaling $13,300. Below are the prize winners.
• Marley’s Mutts Dog Rescue: Most Individual Donors - $1,500.
• Dolores Huerta Foundation: Most Dollars - $1,150,000.
• Mountain Communities Family Resource Center: Most Dollars (Rural Nonprofit) - $1,000.
• Helping Animals Live Tomorrow Rescue: Most Dollars (Animals & Environment Nonprofit) - $1,000.
• Empty Space Productions: Most Dollars (Art & Culture Nonprofit) - $1,000.
• Bakersfield Pregnancy Center: Most Dollars (Health Nonprofit) - $1,000.
• Independence Through Grace: Most Dollars (Human Services & Community Benefit Nonprofit) - $1,000.
• Kern Community Tennis Association: Most Dollars (Education & Youth Development Nonprofit) - $1,000; Far, Far, Away - $300.
• ADAKC – Alzheimer’s Disease Association of Kern County, Inc.: Most Individual Volunteers - $1,000.
• Honor Flight: Most Volunteer Hours - $500.
• Bakersfield High School: Don’t Bother Me - I’m FUNdraising - $1,000.
• Strength of Shadow Dog Rescue, Inc .: Go home? I’m having too much fun FUNdraising - $1,000.
• League of Dreams: 100% Board Giving Challenge - $1,000.
The funds raised during Give Big Kern will go directly into the operational budgets of participating nonprofits. Every donation makes a difference in the lives of those who are most in need. Save the date for next year. Give Big Kern will be on May 7, 2024.
About the Host of Give Big Kern – Kern Community Foundation
Kern Community Foundation is a vibrant nonprofit with a powerfully simple mission: Growing Community. Growing Philanthropy. The Foundation is in business to serve as a charitable resource for local donors and corporations, and to generate capital that provides philanthropic solutions to help make Kern County a better place to live, to work and to visit. Give Big Kern is a part of the Foundation’s initiative of Nonprofit Strengthening, which increases visibility, builds capacity, and improves sustainability for local nonprofits. For more information about Kern Community Foundation visit http://www.kernfoundation.org.
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/GIVEBIGKERN, #GIVEBIGKERN
For more information, visit http://www.givebigkern.org or contact Kern Community Foundation at (661) 325-5346.