Latest COVID-19 facts
Kern County Public Health Services Department
September 25, 2021
• As of September 20, there are 446 newly reported confirmed cases in Kern County bringing our total confirmed cases to date to 136,288.
• There are 6 new deaths being reported today and a total of 1,521 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
• The 14-day case rate is 40.20 per 100,000.
• As of September 20, 770,159 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered to Kern County residents. 367,838 or 48.8% of Kern’s eligible population have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
• As of September 20, Kern County has 309 COVID-19 related hospitalizations and 80 are in the ICU.
Kern County Public Health and Kern Medical are partnering to provide free COVID-19 and flu vaccinations at the Kern County Fair. Look for us in the tent as you walk through the main entrance and stop by for games, activities and health information related to COVID-19, flu and much more! Then, follow the blue line to Harvest Hall where staff from Kern Medical will be administering COVID-19 and flu vaccinations. People will receive a complimentary Fair ticket after getting a COVID-19 vaccine to return on a day during the 2021 Fair.
Do your part to keep Kern County healthy by continuing to practice healthy habits such as washing your hands, staying home when sick, wearing a mask in public and eating a healthy diet. Get vaccinated if you are 12 years of age or older, visit MyTurn.ca.gov to schedule your appointment today. If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, find a testing location near you by visiting our interactive map of testing locations on our website: phweb.kerncounty.com/Html5Viewer/index.html?viewer=COVID19TestingSites.
To view the updated COVID-19 dashboard, visit our COVID-19 webpage at http://www.kernpublichealth.com/2019-novel-coronavirus/.