Tile by the mile
Stockdale Tile and Flooring Center
April 10, 2021
For over 30 years, Stockdale Tile has served the marketplace as one of the largest independent tile distributors in California.
Founded in 1987, Stockdale Tile was established to offer residents of Bakersfield and surrounding areas a superior showroom experience for their residential and commercial tile needs. We directly import our wide selection of products from all over the world.
Our Bakersfield warehouse is 20,000 square feet and has products on hand at all times, including over 100 floor tile colors and 120 kitchen/bathroom colors, samples of which are also featured at the Tehachapi and Visalia showrooms. We also sell setting and grouting materials, sealers, cleaners and a complete line of tools.
We offer delivery to Tehachapi and Visalia and same day shipping. If we don’t carry the item in stock, we can have it shipped to us within 48 hours.
Tile answers every concern and meets every challenge for your home’s flooring. Tile has no VOCs, PVCs, formaldehyde or allergens. It is durable enough to last decades. By selecting tile, you are making a strong, clean, environmentally-friendly choice that increases your home’s value, all without compromising on artistic versatility.
Though very similar, there are a handful of important differences between porcelain and ceramic tile, both clay-based, from porousness and absorption to durability and cost. The experts at Stockdale Tile and Flooring Center are well versed in the pros and cons of the different types of tile and can help you choose the best fit for your home.
Every type of tile, which includes ceramic tile, porcelain tile, quarry tile, wall tile and pressed pavers share the following “virtues:”
• Naturally scratch-resistant, tile continues to look good even after years of heavy traffic.
• Tile rate at 0.42 DCOF (Dynamic Coefficient of Friction) or greater when wet will help keep your feet firmly planted on the ground. Receiving higher than a 0.42 DCOF rating on level surfaces means there is a high slip resistance potential and therefore a low probability of slipping.
• Noncombustible, tile will not burn, melt or give off toxic fumes when it is exposed to fire.
• Some wood products may contain formaldehyde, which ceramic and porcelain tile do not. Certain levels of formaldehyde can irritate asthma and other respiratory disorders.
• No plastic: the health and environmental concerns associated with plastic are not an issue for ceramic or porcelain tile, as tile is made from naturally occurring materials which is a healthy choice for both the homeowner and the environment.
• Tile floors are impervious to liquid, even if the liquid sits on the floors for a while.
• It is easy to take the home’s interior outside with tile designed for seamless transitions from interior floors and walls directly to the outdoor space. Tile also won’t freeze, fade or crack due to cold weather which makes it perfect for indoor or vertical applications for outdoor spaces.
• Stains, including wine, coffee and muddy messes, do not affect tile because of its low porosity.
• Tile does not dent or ding because of its innate durability and exceptional strength and is easy to clean with a broom, vacuum or wet mop; no harsh chemicals needed. Tile is antibacterial and some tile options are available with antimicrobial properties that can suppress and even destroy toxic microorganisms such as mold, fungi and viruses.
• Hypoallergenic: contains no allergens, and allergens in the environment such as dust, dirt and pollen cannot penetrate tile’s nonporous surface.
Our boutique showrooms have it all and you will want to see our extensive tile options for yourself. Our design consultants are always on hand to help you make the difficult decisions.