Our mission, new website and Facebook page
BVS Cultural Arts Association
April 10, 2021
Bear Valley Springs Cultural Arts Association’s mission is to support and promote awareness and public interest in the cultural life of the greater Tehachapi community. We appreciate art, are curious about how artists create and are moved by great visual and performing art. We are a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 organization and endeavor to provide activities and events that feed the artistic soul of our community.
Our vision is to provide opportunities for our community members to enjoy events like our annual art show, concerts at Cub Lake and more formal venues. We organize bus trips to museums, gardens and other cultural sites and support presentations by experts in a variety of exciting fields.
Our fundraising efforts make it possible for us to make regular contributions to the Tehachapi arts community. We also support young artists and musicians with scholarships.
BVSCAA has a website! We are building it and will have events, artist information and our BVSCAA application for membership. We are working on adding Paypal for application payment and donations. Our new Facebook page is email@example.com.
Last year, due to COVID-19, we were not able to present our regular events. This year we are planning, COVID permitting, many fun filled activities.
Our schedule so far:
• Saturday, May 22, 2 to 4 p.m. Peter DeArmond, videographer and elk lover at the Equestrian Center Lounge. Will include snacks and cookies.
• Sunday June 27, 2 to 5 p.m. Triassic Winery, Jim Arnold owner. Book Fair, six authors on panel. Music provided by Fiddlers Crossing
• Sunday July 25, 3 to 5 p.m. Concert at Cub Lake with Blonde Mustard band. Bring your picnic lunch and wine.
• September – Art Show, details to be announced.
• October – Art in The Park, at the Whiting Center. Details to be announced.
• Christmas Bazaar at the Whiting Center
Details to be announced.