Public Health announces free COVID-19 test sites
Kern County Public Health Services Department
December 5, 2020
Coronavirus testing is a vital resource to help slow the spread of the virus, as well as help the county move out of the state’s most restrictive purple tier when the Governor lifts the statewide “emergency brake.”
Residents can find COVID-19 test locations and days of operation throughout the county by utilizing an interactive testing map on our website: https://phweb.kerncounty.com/Html5Viewer/index.html?viewer=COVID19TestingSites.
Beginning November 30, any person who gets a COVID-19 test at one of the testing sites below is eligible for a $25 VISA gift card:
• Wasco Library - 1102 7th Street, Wasco
• Arvin Public Health Building - 204 S. Hill, Arvin
• Lamont Library - 8304 Segrue Road, Lamont
• Kern Valley Hospital - 4308 Birch Street, Mountain Mesa
• Good Samaritan Hospital - 901 Olive Drive, Bakersfield
You can also use the Public Health Nursing mobile testing site, in partnership with the Kern County Latino Task Force, at the following location:
• December 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Weedpatch Supermarket Parking Lot, 8101 Buena Vista Blvd., Lamont
Mobile test sites with NO GIFT CARD opportunity:
• December 6 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Gurdwara Dasmesh Darbar, 7000 Wible Road, Bakersfield
As cases continue to rise throughout our community, we urge residents to continue to practice healthy habits such as hand washing, physical distancing and wearing a mask when in public.