A course in Halloween makeup
Tehachapi Community Theatre Spotlight
October 24, 2020
Come join us for a Halloween makeup class at the BeeKay!
Presented by Doug Jockinsen, this one-time class is available three Fridays this month with only nine slots available per class.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up and reserve your spot!
Dates: October 16, 23 and 30.
Times: 6 to 8 p.m. at the BeeKay Theatre
Class has a fee of $15, which is a donation to TCT.
As classes fill up, new dates will be added!
1. Basic Course on the Design and Application of Halloween Makeup.
Class will last approximately 2 hours, depending upon the number of participants.
First come – first enrolled.
2. Course Materials: Participants may bring any makeup materials they have.
A limited amount of makeup will be supplied by the instructor as needed.
3. Individual course outline will be followed.
4. Handouts will be provided. (Lots of them.)
Picture examples will be provided.
Makeup charts (male/female) will be provided for design stage.
Note pages will be provided so participants can recreate the makeup later.
5. Participants must sign a permission slip (to get dirty, which is half the fun).
6. Halloween masks are expensive and not personalized. Makeup done directly on the face is much less expensive and can be changed from year to year.
Suggested Course Materials List (Participant Provided)
(Depending on the makeup desired - these are NOT mandatory materials!)
• Basic Makeup Kit (w/ liquid latex & nose putty) if possible. Just bring whatever you have found.
• 2-3 medium makeup brushes.
• Comfortable (old) clothing or old towel or robe to wear
• Hair gel and hair spray
• Makeup remover(s) – Dawn, acetone, cold cream, etc.
• Box of Kleenex
• Baby wipes
• Cotton balls
• Hair clips and bobby pins
• Drinking water or Starbucks (for the instructor)
• Scissors and comb
• Pencil sharpener (handheld, sometimes comes in kits)
Jockinsen was one of the three original makeup artists who began the KNOTT'S SCARY FARM HALLOWEEN HAUNT.
He did that event for the first 16 years. So, he has done literally thousands of Halloween faces and makeups.
The class is not scary - but the outcome will be!