Mojave East Park Proposition 68 Grant Proposal
August 3, 2019
As part of the Statewide Park Development and Community Revitalization Program (SPP) and a series of open house-style public input meetings regarding new recreational opportunities at Mojave East Park, Supervisor Zack Scrivner is pleased to announce the details of the proposed improvements to the park:
1. Adding an artificial-turf soccer field.
2. Renovating an existing ball field with a new artificial-turf ball field.
3. Renovating the existing concession stand and bleachers at the ball field.
4. Adding two inclusive playgrounds with shade structures.
5. Adding a multi-sport court and skate park.
6. Expanding the parking lot adjacent to the ball field.
7. Adding a bio-retention basin.
8. Adding an outdoor fitness park.
9. Renovating and relocating the restrooms.
10. Adding a concrete pathway network throughout the park.
11. Renovating the existing wet/dry play pad with an aeronautical theme.
12. Adding a new group picnic area with shade.
13. Adding a dog park.
14. Adding shade/accent trees and shrubbery.
15. Adding an outdoor reading area.
“If funded, the improvements to the infrastructure requested through this grant would provide safe recreational opportunities for not only the critically underserved families in the community, but the thousands of residents of the Mojave Region,” said Scrivner, Second District Supervisor.