An affordable alternative to pricey attornies


You don’t have to go it alone

Do you need to file court documents and have found out that it is way too complicated and you don’t even know where to start?

That’s where a Legal Document Assistant comes in. The first step is a short phone call where I get some general information about what you need to have done and set up an appointment for a consultation.

At our appointment you provide the details and supporting material needed to complete your documents and I will prepare them for either a private matter such as a Living Trust or will, or for a court filing for divorce, eviction or perhaps a probate.

Once they are finished, you will come in for the documents to be signed and notarized. If your matter requires filing with the court and process service, I will take care of that for you, manage the process and keep you informed all along the way.

What types of documents can I help you with?

Dissolution of Marriage. From “service of process” of the Petition to the final judgement takes six months depending on how busy the court is and how quickly each step along the way can be accomplished.

Unlawful Detainer (eviction).

Beginning with the Complaint and “service of process” on the tenants, it takes approximately three to four months depending on whether it is answered or goes to default.


Probate is the process by which the court over-sees the distribution of the assets of a deceased person. The level of supervision is determined by the value of the estate at the time of death. Avoiding probate is why people create Living Trusts.

The Loop Digital Network

Speaking of Living Trusts

Living Trusts, also known as Revocable Trusts (meaning they can be revoked by the creator), are created to avoid Probate and distribute your estate to your beneficiaries. An Estate Planning package typically includes your Trust, a special Wil made to go with trusts, a Power of Attorney for financial matters, a Power of Attorney for HealthCare, which is also a HealthCare Directive. There you leave instructions to your agent as to how you want healthcare decisions made, should you not be able to do so.

Also included are the deeds transferring your real property to your trust. Once all the documents are finished, you return to my office for signatures and notarizations. Your deeds are sent to the recorder and now your affairs are in order!

Deeds: I prepare all types of deeds: Grant Deeds, Quitclaims, Promissory Notes secured by Deeds of Trust, Mobile Home transfers and way more – too many to mention.

Charlotte L. Ruse is a Kern County registered and bonded Legal Document Assistant (LDA), serving Kern County for 10 years by providing affordable self-help legal document preparation and Notary Public services.

Kern County LDA #95 EXP. 10-1-15 (renewal pending) I am not an attorney. I can only provide self-help services at your specific direction.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 11/03/2022 02:49