Latest COVID-19 facts
Kern County Public Health Services Department
October 9, 2021
• As of October 5, there are 276 newly reported confirmed cases in Kern County bringing our total confirmed cases to date to 140,649.
• There are 7 new deaths being reported today and a total of 1,560 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
• The 14-day case rate is 26.78 per 100,000.
• As of October 4, 802,157 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered to Kern County residents. 384,104 or 51% of Kern’s eligible population have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
• As of October 4, Kern County has 243 COVID-19 related hospitalizations and 80 are in the ICU.
Public Health is opening a COVID-19 vaccination clinic at the Kern County Fairgrounds on October 12, 2021. Open Tuesday through Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., this will be a walk-up clinic and Pfizer vaccines will be available for 12 and older. Residents are encouraged to make an appointment at MyTurn.ca.gov or visit our website for an interactive map including all vaccination locations throughout Kern County: phweb.kerncounty.com/Html5Viewer/index.html?viewer=COVID19Vaccination#.