Valley Strong warns of spoofing
Valley Strong Credit Union
August 28, 2021
Valley Strong Credit Union has learned several members have been contacted by individuals posing as our team members. In some cases, the calls seemed to originate from Valley Strong’s phone number, (800) 221-3311, through a process known as spoofing. Spoofing allows someone to mask their phone number and replace it with a number you may recognize or trust, in this case, Valley Strong’s.
Valley Strong takes the security of our members seriously and wants to remind you, we will never:
• Call and ask you to provide your full Social Security Number.
• Call to ask for DataNet/DataMobile or DataVoice passwords.
• Ask for your full debit, credit or ATM card number.
• Request your card PIN or CVV (number on back of your card).
• Request your billing address.
• Ask you to share verification codes, known as multi-factor authentication, usually delivered by text or email, to help identify authorized activity.
If you ever receive a call you are uncomfortable or unsure about, do not provide any information, let the caller know you would prefer to call us back and end the call. Our team members and any third parties we contract with should have no problem with this.
As always, please monitor your account for any unauthorized transactions and immediately contact us if you believe your information or account has been compromised. You may do so using Live Chat at valleystrong.com, sending us a secure message through DataNet or DataMobile, or by visiting any of our conveniently located branches.