Stockdale Tile and Flooring Center offers exciting new grout product
Stockdale Tile and Flooring Center
May 22, 2021
Prism® Ultimate Performance Grout, produced by Custom Building Products out of Santa Fe Springs, Calif., sets the bar higher for cement based grout technology. It is a calcium aluminate cement based formula, a blend of specialty cements, recycled aggregates and chemicals, offering the following key features:
• Unique blend of lightweight recycled glass and fine aggregate sand allows for a smooth consistency that is easy to spread and clean.
• Uniform consistent color.
• Will not mottle or shade regardless of type of tile, temperature or humidity.
• Produces stain resistant, dense grout joints.
• No efflorescence.
• Lightweight for superior handling.
• Sets fast; walkable in approximately four hours.
• 17 pound box covers the same area as a typical 25 pound bag of conventional grout.
• No sealant required.
• Meets ANSI A118.7 specifications.
Prism’s dense joints provide more resistance to stains than standard cement grouts and cures quickly developing high early strength. Prism is 32 percent lighter than other grouts, providing excellent handling characteristics and a smooth, creamy texture that accommodates grout joints as narrow as 1/16” (1.6 mm). Prism joins Custom Building Products line of high-performance, ultra lightweight products featuring CustomLite® Technology, producing products weighing up to 40 percent less than competitive products.
Prism grout may be used for both floor and wall installations, interior and exterior applications, residential and commercial applications, countertops, tub surrounds, showers and high traffic areas, and submerged conditions such as swimming pools, spas, water features and fountains.
It is suitable to be used with many types of tile including vitreous, semi-vitreous or non-vitreous tile, impervious porcelain and glass tile, brick and thin brick, precast terrazzo and natural stone tile.
As with any product, there are few limitations to its use, however, the knowledgeable sales representatives at one of Stockdale Tile and Flooring Center’s three stores can assist with explaining the benefits of this innovative new product which very well may revolutionize your experience with grout. Find our store locations online, www.stockdaletile.com.