Library removes restrictions, expands services
Kern County Library
April 24, 2021
The Kern County Library is excited to expand services, beginning April 19, by increasing capacity to 50 percent and continuing to phase up to 100 percent as staffing allows. The library is also removing restrictions at the 13 branches currently open across the County.
• Customer appointments for indoor service are no longer required.
• Customers may enter library buildings during open hours to access services.
• Volunteers are welcome back to the library, within capacity. Please contact your local branch for more info.
• Donations are welcome again, limited to one box per individual.
• Some indoor programming will return in June and July.
For the safety of library staff and community members, masks and six-foot distancing between individuals are still required.
The Library’s curbside services remain in effect and are available for customers. Curbside appointments can be made for curbside service via the Library’s website at kernlibrary.org, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the call center at 661.868.0701. Also, the Library’s digital collection, including access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming content, and more remains available for customers across the County at kerncountylibrary.org/elibrary.
We look forward to seeing you and serving you inside the library!