HolidayLights at CALM named one of the 10 Best Zoo Light Shows in the U.S. by USA TODAY
Kern County Superintendent of Schools
January 2, 2021
For the second year in a row, HolidayLights at CALM has been named one of the best zoo light shows in the U.S. by USA Today. After a month-long voting process wherein the public could vote for their favorite zoo light shows, HolidayLights finished in the ninth position out of 20 nominated zoos.
The top 10 winners are as follows:
1. PNC Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo
2. Lights Before Christmas at the Toledo Zoo
3. Electric Safari at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
4. Christmas at the Zoo at the Indianapolis Zoo
5. WildLights at Living Desert Zoo and Gardens
6. Lights Before Christmas at Riverbanks Zoo & Garden
7. U.S. Bank Wild Lights at the Saint Louis Zoo
8. Jungle Bells at the San Diego Zoo
9. Holiday Lights at California Living Museum
10. Dallas Zoo Lights
The honor is the latest in numerous local and national accolades for HolidayLights. The event has also been voted best annual event by readers of The Bakersfield Californian and one of the top 10 light shows in the western U.S. by the Los Angeles Times.
HolidayLights at CALM is now in its 18th holiday season. This year’s event is taking place as a drive-thru experience and runs nightly through Jan. 2 from 5:30 to 9 p.m. (the last vehicle will be admitted at 8:30 p.m.). Tickets must be purchased in advance online at http://www.calmzoo.org, through http://www.Vallitix.com, in-person at all Valley Strong Credit Union branches, or at the CALM gift shop. Tickets are $30 per vehicle (CALM members and military receive discounts). No buses, RVs or limos permitted.
HoldayLights is designed and installed by Bakersfield resident Josh Barnett and his company Lightasmic!.