Breaking News: Non-resident tested positive for COVID-19 while visiting Kern County
-- From Kern County Public Health for immediate release
March 14, 2020
Kern County Public Health Services Department has confirmed a non-resident has tested positive for Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) while visiting Kern County. Public Health has begun tracing potential contacts for this case and will monitor the health of people that travelled with or were in contact with the patient to prevent the spread in our community.
Kern County Public Health Services recommends the following protective measures:
• Wash hands with soap and water often.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. Follow package instructions for proper disinfecting.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay away from work, school or other people if you become sick.
Kern County Public Health continues to work with local health care providers and has plans in place to inform and protect all residents, limit exposures to any new cases if identified and address concerns as they arise.
Visit http://www.kernpublichealth.com for current information and guidance.