TVRPD takes action in response to COVID-19
Tehachapi Valley Recreation & Park District
March 14, 2020
Over the last week, Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District has been closely monitoring the guidelines for COVID-19 from Governor Newsom, the California Department of Public Health, the Kern County Public Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The health and safety of our community and staff is our number one priority. Furthermore, with careful consideration, we have come to the decisions below effective immediately:
• All park restrooms will be closed until further notice. Porta potties with handwashing stations will be available at each site.
• The TVRPD District Office will be closed to the public. We encourage you to visit http://www.tvrpd.org for registration and other information you seek. Our phone lines and email will remain available for specific questions and customer service needs. Call (661) 822-3228 or email at [email protected]
• The opening of the Dye Natatorium Pool will be delayed until further notice.
• Brite Lake will be closed until further notice.
Postponed until further notice:
• Tehachapi Tots (Tot Enrichment and Parent & Me)
• Youth Baseball (t-ball and coach pitch)
• Youth Volleyball
• Adult Basketball
• Adult Open Gym Volleyball and Basketball
• Spring Break Adventure Camp (April 6 -10)
• Easter Egg Hunt (April 11)
• Brite Lake Fishing Derby (April 18)
We thank you for your understanding as we navigate through this difficult situation. We will keep you updated as we receive new information.
All the best,
Tehachapi Valley Recreation
and Park District